Open AI is pretty famous now but us Dota players were familiar with them for a long time.

Burnsy

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits

In 2017 they developed a bot that plays 1v1 mid shadow fiend and showed up in the biggest dota 2 tournament and there was this great show put of it handily beating the best players in the world at their own game. For context the in game bots back then were synonymous with bad and even a below average player could stop them easily. So this one blew everyone's minds as you can gauge from the crowd's reactions. People were ablaze with hype after it all over the internet.

Before this I had heard about them for creating alpha zero and alpha go, two bots that played chess and go but that didn't put them on anyone's radar except chess players.

Wouldn't IBM's Watson have also come out in a similar fashion?

Wouldn't IBM's Watson have also come out in a similar fashion?

I'm sure no AI made it's debut in front of a packed arena and whooped the best at what they do. (Deep blue doesn't count because I wouldn't call it beating kasparov a 'whooping')

I'm sure no AI made it's debut in front of a packed arena and whooped the best at what they do. (Deep blue doesn't count because I wouldn't call it beating kasparov a 'whooping')
Did other AI introductions involve public showcases like game victories, and if not, why was Watson's debut different? Sorry for the late response. I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks

Did other AI introductions involve public showcases like game victories, and if not, why was Watson's debut different? Sorry for the late response. I would be very happy if you could let me know, thanks

I only know about Open AI's bot.

Back